Computer Information Systems
The Associate in Science degree in Computer Information Systems provides specialized instruction so that students receive a solid foundation in data modeling, operating systems, programming and network fundamentals.
You Will Learn
This degree program will help students learn hands-on technology in order to adequately prepare for the rapidly changing world of information technology. Upon completion, they will be able to write computer programs, understand database concepts and become proficient in the Linux operating system.
- Communicate effectively and properly with end user and management using oral, written, and multimedia techniques
- Install, maintain, configure and operate Linux system
- Demonstrate appropriate professional attributes of a consummate IT professional
- Implement a requirements document
Admission to the computer information systems program requires that students have completed two units of secondary math with a "C" or better, to include Algebra.
As a career-oriented college and as an addition to our hands-on curriculum, Central Penn requires all students to complete an internship as a part of their academic program. This opportunity allows students to participate and experience their future careers in the real world. Internships are 180 hours in length and may include an extensive research project tailored to the individual's career path.
Continuing Education and online students complete a capstone course in place of the traditional internship. This can be done at both the associate and bachelor degree level. This course requires an extensive research project and paper related to the students chosen career path.
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Computer and Information Scientists, Research
- Computer Programmers
- Computer Software Engineers, Applications
- Computer Software Engineers, Systems Software
- Computer Security Specialists
- Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts
- Telecommunications Specialists
- Computer Specialists
Graduate Success Rate
Based on our most recent One-Year Graduate Survey, 82.9% of Central Penn graduates were employed in their chosen field or continuing their education within one year of graduation.
Middle States Accreditation
Central Penn College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (Ph: 267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please click here to visit our 'Disclosures' page.