Paralegal & Legal Studies
Central Penn College prepares graduates for career success by providing an affordable, hands-on education, in Harrisburg PA and online.
The Associate in Science degree in Paralegal and Bachelor of Science degree in Legal Studies are designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to be practicing parelegals in law firms, government agencies, corporations and the courts. Many of our students continue their education in law school, in order to become practicing law professionals. Personalized instruction and relevant coursework capped by a professional internship prepare students to meet the growing demand for degreed paralegals in the public and private sectors.
You Will Learn
Students in the Program will benefit from advanced resources of legal education, including Central Penn's own law library fully equipped with up to date print volumes and state-of-the-art computerized research tools. You will learn:
- A thorough comprehension of relevant bodies of law, the legal system, judicial processes, and prevailing legal theory.
- Problem-solving and research ability relative to legal issues, principles, and procedures.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Technical skills in legal research, writing and analysis, sub-stantive case evaluation, legal communication, law office and courtroom procedures, and case preparation and management. Proficiency in the use of computer-assisted legal research.
- The ability to perform and manage procedural and substantive legal tasks in an ethical manner.
- Professional maturity and preparedness to function effectively and professionally in a legal environment.