Helping students succeed
Central Penn College’s Writing Center aims to provide a creative and collaborative space where students come to develop their writing skills. It is our goal that the Writing Center encourages students to experiment with language and explore their potential through peer-to-peer discussions in a friendly and non-judgmental space. Writing Assistants will guide students along his or her personal path to writing improvement.
To accomplish our mission, we will:
- Provide trained Writing Assistants who are eager to assist their fellow students in a relaxed and friendly manner.
- Target the writing process rather than the writing product.
- Develop an inviting atmosphere where students feel safe to share their thoughts and ideas.
- Assist students at any stage of their writing process, from brainstorming to polishing.
- Collaborate with faculty to understand the expectations of each assignment and to reinforce their current teaching practices.
- Provide the necessary resource materials for students to improve their writing
A Haiku from the Director
write and enter the
conversation of mankind
our eternal bond