Central Penn College - FAQs

Central Penn College


Frequently Asked Questions

You probably have a lot of questions. Get fast answers now in our FAQs.

Need more answers? We're here for you. Talk to an admissions counselor about getting on the path to a more challenging career, and get personalized information to help make it happen.

Hide All Show All

How do I apply? Is there a fee to apply?

You can apply online. There is no fee to apply.

What happens after I apply?

After you apply, you will be contacted by an admissions counselor who will help guide you through the admissions process and help answer your questions about enrolling at Central Penn College.

When will I find out about my application decision?

Once you have completed all of the application requirements, you should receive a decision within two weeks. Contact your counselor for more information.

What is Central Penn's accreditation?

Central Penn College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (267.284.5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.

Approved by: the Secretary of Education and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to award the Master’s of Professional Studies degree, the Bachelor's of Science degree, the Associate’s in Science degree, and the Associate in Applied Science degree.

Do you accept transfer credits?

Central Penn will accept credits from accredited colleges and schools, with a grade of C or better.

  • The transferred classes also need to fit into the Central Penn curriculum and be comparable to a course Central Penn offers.
  • Central Penn may also award credit for CLEP (College Level Examination Program) exams.

The College has established articulation/transfer agreements with various high schools, colleges, and universities. A student can articulate those courses or credits stated on the articulation agreement. Central Penn has established block transfer agreements with institutions where a predetermined number of credits from an earned associates degree can be transferred to a bachelor’s degree in a program-to-program transfer. Information on articulation or block transfer agreements should be directed to the admissions department. A list of all approved Articulation Agreements can be viewed by clicking here.

Do you offer housing?

You're preparing for a real world career. Why not start with real world living arrangements? You will with Central Penn's on-campus student housing.

There are no cramped dorm rooms at Central Penn. You live in an apartment or a super suite, and experience the benefits and responsibilities of adult life - all while having fun and making friends! For more information on student housing, please click here.

Do you require SAT scores?

Our PTA program requires SAT scores.

What is the average class size?

Our student to faculty ratio is 16:1. These small classes give you the personal attention you deserve!

Can I get financial aid? How does financial aid work?

Financial aid is available to those who qualify. If you are applying for federal financial aid, you must complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid), a Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note and Federal Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling. If you are unsure about how to complete the necessary paperwork, we have a Financial Planning Coordinator who will work with you to help you complete your forms and answer your questions.

If you don't wish to use financial aid, you can use the Central Penn Payment Plan.

Do I have to have my own computer?

Having your own computer or regular access to a computer is extremely helpful - especially if you are planning to take online classes. We have computer labs available at each of our locations, so you can use those computers whenever the facility is open.

Can I take classes online?

Yes! Central Penn offers several online classes and 10 online degree programs. 

How do the online classes work?

Central Penn teaches online classes through Blackboard, a special software package that supports online learning. For more information on our online programs, click here.

How do I order my textbooks?

Central Penn has a virtual book store. You can order your books by clicking here.

How much are tuition and fees?

Please click here for more information.

Is it possible to take some classes on campus but also some online?

Yes many students take classes in a variety of different modalities depending on what their individual scheduling and educational needs are.


We're Here to help!

If you need additional assistance, please contact your personal admissions counselor or call (800) 759-2727. We're here to help you!

Fill out my online form.

You might be interested in...