Central Penn College - FAQs

Central Penn College


Frequently Asked Questions

You probably have a lot of questions. Get fast answers now in our FAQs.

Need more answers? We're here for you. Talk to an admissions counselor about getting on the path to a more challenging career, and get personalized information to help make it happen.

Hide All Show All

What types of programs do you offer at Central Penn?

Central Penn offers associate, bachelor's and master's degrees in a variety of areas including business, accounting, criminal justice, communications, healthcare and information technology.

How do I apply? Is there a fee to apply?

You can apply online. There is no fee to apply.

What kind of schedule do you offer?

Central Penn offers accelerated 11 week terms year round. We offer day, evening and online classes.

What happens after I apply?

After you apply, you will be contacted by an admissions counselor who will help guide you through the admissions process and help answer your questions about enrolling at Central Penn College.

What is Central Penn's accreditation?

Central Penn College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (267.284.5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.

Approved by: the Secretary of Education and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to award the Master’s of Professional Studies degree, the Bachelor's of Science degree, the Associate’s in Science degree, and the Associate in Applied Science degree.

How long will it take me to complete my coursework?

  • It's different for everyone - some students have transfer credits, and may also receive credit for military or work experience.
  • It also depends on whether you are attending classes full-time or part-time.
  • If you have transfer credits, Central Penn will complete a transfer evaluation for you ahead of time - before you even begin taking classes - so you will know before making a commitment how many credits will transfer and how long it will take to complete your degree.

Do you accept transfer credits?

Central Penn will accept credits from accredited colleges and schools, with a grade of C or better.

  • The transferred classes also need to fit into the Central Penn curriculum and be comparable to a course Central Penn offers.
  • Central Penn may also award credit for CLEP (College Level Examination Program) exams.

How many of my credits will transfer?

Once Central Penn receives your transcripts from any other colleges or schools you've attended, our Transfer Evaluator will review your transcripts and complete a transfer evaluation for you. This will be emailed directly to you so you can see what credits transferred to Central Penn and what classes you have left to complete.

Can I get financial aid? How does financial aid work?

Financial aid is available to those who qualify. If you are applying for federal financial aid, you must complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid) and Federal Direct Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note. If you are unsure about how to complete the necessary paperwork, we have a Financial Planning Coordinator who will work with you to help you complete your forms and answer your questions.

If you don't wish to use financial aid, you can use the Central Penn Payment Plan.

Do I have to have my own computer?

Having your own computer or regular access to a computer is extremely helpful - especially if you are planning to take online classes. We have computer labs available at each of our locations, so you can use those computers whenever the facility is open.

Can I take classes online?

Yes! Central Penn offers several online classes and 13 online degree programs. Check our academic offerings to see which programs are available to you in the online format.

How do the online classes work?

Central Penn teaches online classes through Blackboard, a special software package that supports online learning. For more information on our online programs, click here.

Will I have to come to the campus every night for class?

Part-time students who take classes in the classroom typically attend two nights a week. Students who wish to go full-time may attend classes four nights per week, but those classes are sometimes supplemented with online classes.

What is a Capstone Course?

The Capstone Course was designed with the busy adult student in mind. A Capstone Course is a project which is completed at the very end of your program in place of an internship.

How do I order my textbooks?

Central Penn has a virtual book store. You can order your books by clicking here.

Can I receive credit for my military experience?

Yes, Central Penn College is a SOC school (Service members Opportunity College). We will review your credits for completed military coursework as part of our transfer evaluation process.

How much are tuition and fees?

Please click here for more information.


We're Here to help!

If you need additional assistance, please contact your personal admissions counselor or call (800) 759-2727. We're here to help you!

Fill out my online form.

You May Be Interested In: