Faculty Bio: Amber Ferree

Amber Ferree

OTA Fieldwork Coordinator

Courses

• Fundamentals of Occupational Therapy
  • Developing Professional Behaviors in Occupational Therapy
  • Lab Assistant for Therapeutic Techniques I
  • Therapeutic Techniques II
  • Occupational Therapy Mental Health
  • Occupational Therapy in Physical Rehab

Teaching Philosophy

My teaching philosophy begins with understanding that we are all coming from different backgrounds, experience levels and age groups. With that being said, I will strive to ensure that all my students feel comfortable when it comes to learning and sharing. My aim is to get each and every one of you to discover and meet your full potential.

Bio

Ferree was born, raised and still lives in the central Pennsylvania. Since earning her Occupational Therapy Assisting (OTA) degree from Central Penn College, she has worked in many different clinics and settings, including Select Physical Therapy, Aegis Therapies and UPMC Pinnacle at the Harrisburg Campus.

She continues to stay competent and current in her field by working as able at UPMC Pinnacle. Ferree recently completed her bachelor’s in Healthcare Management from Central Penn College. “I love being a certified and licensed OTA and I am excited that I get to share my knowledge with all the future OTAs at CPC,” says Ferree.

In her free time, she loves spending time with family and friends. Some of her favorite things to do include shopping and doing anything outdoors. On any free weekends, you can find Ferree hanging out with Layla, her two-year-old rescue pup!

Education

• Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management, Central Penn College, Summerdale, Pa.
  • Associate in Applied Science in Occupational Therapy Assisting, Central Penn College, Summerdale, Pa.

Certifications

• Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Licensed in the state of Pennsylvania

Ready to begin your story?

A few minutes can start a lifetime of success! Fill out our free online application now.

Request Info