Benjamin Lipschutz, MBA, M.Ed.
Interim Dean of Professional Studies
- Accounting I
- Accounting II
- Managerial Accounting
- Income Tax
- Advanced Income Tax
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Human Resources
- Business Ethics
- Electronic Business
- Organizational Behavior
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Business Seminar
I am focused not only on teaching the subject of business, but also on the pedagogy of teaching itself, especially in a higher education setting. My primary focus is the paradigm shift from teacher-focused to student-centered learning and ensuring I am able to meet students where they are and bring them to the level they need to be.
I see myself as both as an educator and leader for our students. I conduct myself in a manner to bring credit to the teaching profession through selfless service, loyalty and honor. I facilitate the personal growth of my students by serving as a director for their learning, a guide for their moral character and a collaborative partner for their academic journey. I can accomplish this by being well-versed in my content areas, proficient in my instructional methods, and consistent and clear in my communication.
Originally from Dover, Pa., Benjamin Lipschutz went to high school in the York area. Upon graduation, he joined the military and trained as a Korean linguist and an air traffic controller.
During his time in the service, he lived in numerous states and countries.
Upon being medically retired due to injury, Lipschutz moved to Enola where his wife grew up. He attended Central Penn College and earned his first degree in Accounting. Since that time, he has gone on to attain three additional degrees and is currently working on his Ph.D. He serves an advisor for the Armed Forces Association and the Gaming Club at Central Penn.
Married since 2007, he and his spouse have three children, along with a “few” rescue animals––six cats, three dogs and two large beehives! He enjoys reading, gaming, being outdoors, community service and traveling.
- Master of Education in Special Education, Shippensburg University, Shippensburg, Pa
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration for IT for Business Education, Shippensburg University, Shippensburg, Pa.
- Master of Business Administration, Shippensburg University, Shippensburg, Pa.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Central Penn College, Summerdale, Pa.
- Business Education, K–12, Level – PA Teaching Certification
- Special Education Pre K–8, Level – PA Teaching Certification
- Special Education 7–12, Level – PA Teaching Certification