Faculty Bio: Lucy Hunsberger, M.S., CMA (AAMA)

Lucy Hunsberger, M.S., CMA (AAMA)

Instructor

Courses

• Clinical Procedures
  • Medical Seminar
  • Medical Insurance
  • Medical Law and Ethics
  • Medical Terminology
  • Medical Administrative Procedures
  • Allied Health Procedures

Teaching Philosophy

Teaching is much more than just lecture and presentations! Teaching to me is helping students not only learn the course materials but learn life and professional skills that lead them to obtaining a career in their chosen field.

In my courses, I expect students to participate in classroom discussions and engage with other students by sharing their experiences and their stories… because we all learn from each other. The most valuable thing I can bring to the classroom is my experiences that I’ve had in the medical field. I truly believe this is what keeps students coming back to the classroom wanting to learn more.

By sharing what I have learned through my experiences, it makes the course material real and valuable… and it demonstrates to the students that we all have obstacles, but we can work through them to attain our goals!

Bio

Hunsberger began her career as a medical assistant after graduating from Central Penn College in 2002. She has worked in various aspects of healthcare from inpatient to outpatient settings. While working as a medical assistant, she returned to Central Penn to obtain a bachelor’s in Business Administration and completed that in 2010.

She was hired as an instructor in a nearby medical assistant program and began teaching students in this area of study. “My passion for teaching grew and that lead me to go back to school one more time to obtain my master’s in Adult Learning,” she says.

Hunsberger currently teaches online and traditional classes in the Medical Assisting program and Allied Health Department at Central Penn.

She has two sons who keep her extremely busy and a husband who runs his own business. “As a family,” she says, “We are passionate about helping the community, volunteering and serving others. We strive to embrace new things and not be afraid of our past failures.”

Education

• Master in Science in Adult Learning, Walden University, Minneapolis, Minn.
  • Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Central Penn College, Summerdale, Pa.
  • Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting, Central Penn College, Summerdale, Pa.

Certifications

• Certified Medical Assistant, CMA (AAMA)

Ready to begin your story?

A few minutes can start a lifetime of success! Fill out our free online application now.

Request Info