Faculty Bio: Tolani Adebanjo, Ph.D.

Tolani Adebanjo, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Courses

• Advanced Biology I
  • Advanced Biology II
  • General Chemistry I
  • Biochemistry
  • Microbiology
  • Genetics
  • Environmental Geology

Teaching Philosophy

Teaching is an inspiring process. My goal as an instructor is to promote a classroom environment where both critical thinking and intellectual bravery thrive. My hope is to get students to think of science as a process and enable them to use basic knowledge and skills as the building blocks to solve challenging problems.

Bio

Tolani Adebanjo is an assistant professor of Health Sciences. He grew up in Nigeria and moved to the United States to attend Cheyney University of Pennsylvania, where he received a bachelor’s in biology. Upon completion of his undergraduate studies, he continued his education at Delaware State University where he earned a Ph.D. in neuroscience. “I am particularly interested in understanding how growth factors and cell surface receptors affect the development of synapses after an injury to the central nervous system,” says Adebanjo.

Education

• Doctor of Philosophy in Neuroscience, Delaware State University, Dover, Del.
  • Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Cheyney University of Pennsylvania, Cheyney, Pa. 

Certifications

Ready to begin your story?

A few minutes can start a lifetime of success! Fill out our free online application now.

Request Info