IMPORTANT: Residential Housing Unit Closure!
March 12, 2020 (from the Office of Residence Life)
Dear CPC Residents:
We would like to provide an update as a follow up to President Fedrizzi-Williams message earlier today regarding housing information and instructions for residential students who live in Central Penn College suites and apartments.
As stated in Dr. Fedrizzi-Williams communication all residential students must be off campus by Friday, March 20, 2020 @ 6:00PM and remain off campus until Sunday, April 5, 2020 @ 12:00PM.
In light of this decision, Housing and Residential Programs is issuing the follow:
- All residential students are highly encouraged to remain on campus until the completion of their finals during week 11. Students who choose to leave campus without completing their finals may have serious academic repercussions.
- Effective immediately, no guests are permitted in campus housing.
- While housing is closed, students are not expected to remove all belongings from the residences. Resident students should take all essential belongings, medications, and course materials in case the housing remains closed through the beginning of the Spring term.
- Additional Winter Term Break Housing Information includes:
- Residence Hall Offices will have limited hours of operation during the break—if you need to contact our office please use the ResidenceLife@centralpenn.edu email.
- The Café will be closed starting Friday, March 20 @ 2:00PM. If this changes, the Office of Residence Life will notify you via email.
- Students are not required to surrender residence hall keys to the staff prior to leaving for the break.
- Facilities will be in the campus residential units to perform maintenance repairs and to undergo a disinfecting process of surface areas and bathrooms. So please make sure to clean your areas up prior to leaving. This includes all common areas, vanities, bathrooms, and fridge/microwaves.
We appreciate that you have a lot of questions and concerns during this time. Please refer back to the University’s coronavirus webpage frequently where the most up-to-date information is posted.
Director of Residence Life
Central Penn College
(717) 728-2214 | (717) 728-2211 (Fax)