Faculty Bio: Johnna Whitcraft, MSCJ

Johnna Whitcraft, MSCJ

Program Director, Criminal Justice and Homeland Security

Courses

• Criminal Justice
  • Introduction to Corrections
  • Juvenile Justice: Alternatives to Incarceration
  • Societal Changes in Victimology
  • Investigative Report Writing
  • Police Operations
  • Terrorism
  • Psychology of the Criminal
  • Essential Criminal Justice Research
  • Crisis Management Correctional management
  • Security Management
  • Principles of Private Security
  • Homeland Security Management
  • Emergency Management
  • Environmental Security
  • Threats to Homeland Security
  • Data Mining and Predictive Analysis

Teaching Philosophy

I strive to prepare students for the workforce, through hands-on, interactive lessons as well as lecturing by fostering an environment that produces a lifelong love of learning that encourages the use of critical thinking, but to also think outside the box through a real-world and hands-on experience. Education is not a one-size-fits-all discipline just as the handling of every situation that may be placed in front of them, and I believe my teaching approach helps prepare each individual to the best of their ability and is reflective of the individual students in each of my classes. I also feel that every student poses a talent different than their classmates and my hope is that with my way of teaching, they realize their gift and use it to better their field of study.

Bio

I have been in the Criminal Justice field for the past 10 years. In 2010, I graduated from Elizabethtown College with my undergraduate in Criminal Justice with a specialization in Human Services. After, graduation I began working for Lancaster County Adult Probation and Parole. While working in Lancaster I went back to school and obtained my Master's in Criminal Justice with a specialization in Homeland Security from Saint Joseph's University. For the past four years, I worked at York County Adult Probation as a Wellness Court Officer. In my free time, I spend time with my family, I have a son, Asher, who is a year and a half old, and a daughter, Mazie, who is 4 months old. I also have 2 dogs (Leo and Char), a cat (Cole), and a horse (Clipper).

Education

• Master’s of Criminal Justice and Homeland Security – Saint Joseph’s University ’14
  • Bachelor’s of Criminal Justice – Elizabethtown College ’10

Certifications

• Motivational Interviewing
  • ORAS (Ohio Risk Assessment System) Instructor

Opportunities Start HERE

A few minutes can start a lifetime of success! Fill out our free online application now.

Apply Now
×
Request Info