Central Penn Alumni Association
Founded in 1984, the Central Penn College alumni association grants free membership to all Central Penn graduates. In addition to planning reunions and social events, we encourage education as a way of life. The Central Penn College alumni association’s mission is to develop dynamic alumni who are committed to our students and each other, dedicated to the college and the communities it serves.
Office of Alumni Engagement
The mission of the Office of Alumni Engagement is to provide opportunities for alumni to share in lifelong, mutually-beneficial connections between themselves and Central Penn College.
The alumni office exclusively dedicates itself to provide alumni with opportunities to:
- Enhance career opportunities for current students and fellow graduates,
- Evoke fond memories of their Central Penn experience, and unite with the campus community and fellow graduates, and
- Engage with opportunities that positively impact the College’s strategic plan.
Central Penn College Alumni Council
The Central Penn College Alumni Council serves as ambassadors of the college in building programs that support lifelong connections to alumni.
Central Penn’s Alumni Council is a group of alumni volunteers who lead the alumni association in its service to Central Penn College and its alumni. The council is filled with strong community and regional leaders, representative of different class years, careers and experiences.
Applications for new members to begin terms January 1, 2021 will open summer 2020.
Alumni Council Mission: Govern and oversee association planning; advise the Office of Alumni Engagement; coordinate resources; and promote the common success of alumni and Central Penn College.
Meeting four timers per calendar year, Alumni Council serves as the governing body of the alumni association and the advisory board to the Office of Alumni Engagement.
Alumni Council consists of up to 24 elected members, including the executive committee—president, vice president, secretary and treasurer. Elected to a three-year term, council members will work together and collaborate with the alumni office to increase the visibility and vitality of Central Penn College and the alumni association. The director of alumni engagement serves as Alumni Council director as an ex officio non-voting member.
Alumni Council Executive Committee
Randy Weir ’76 – Vice President
A.S. accounting, Senior Accountant, Walter Hopkins & Company, LLC
Daneen Collier ’10 – Treasurer
B.S. business administration
Accounting Associate, Central Penn College
Landon Roe ’18 – Secretary
B.S. accounting, Director of Accounting, Storage Asset Management
Alumni Council Members
Michael Aumiller ’73, management
Retired (35 years of state service), Commonwealth of PA
Curtis Voelker ’12, ’17, B.S. business administration, M.P.S. organizational leadership
Community Relations Coordinator, Central Penn College
Lucinda “Lucy” Hunsberger, ’02, ’10, A.A.S. medical assisting, B.S. business administration
Medical Assisting Professor, School of Nursing and Health Sciences, Central Penn College.
Mary Clayton ’08, B.S. corporate communication
Marketing Event Planner, PA Media Group
Michael Gallagher, PhD, ’76, A.S. accounting
Chair/Accounting, DeSales University
Ashley Lloyd, ’16 B.S. business administration
Social Media Analyst, PSECU
Johnson Martin, ’13, A.S physical therapist assistant
Marketing Manager, BAYADA Home Health Care
Alumni Council Member Expectations
- Serve a term of three consecutive years.
- Attend the scheduled meetings of the council (four per year) in person or via web/teleconference.
- Serve on at least one standing subcommittee of the Council (professional development, social/reunions, young alumni, awards/recognition). Meetings as needed.
- Provide counsel on the college’s alumni programs, including but not limited to, recommending members for leadership positions, strategic planning and award recipient selection.
- Planning special local and regional events.
- Engage alumni, students and the community in supporting Central Penn College.
- Help shape and influence the policies of the alumni association.
- Participate in alumni events and programs. Attend at least two major events each year (e.g., Homecoming, alumni awards, etc.).
- Serve on your class reunion committee and attend reunion events if you are celebrating a reunion during the year.