Central Penn College International Student Frequently Asked Questions

Central Penn College International Student Frequently Asked Questions


No matter how you say it, you are welcome here at Central Penn College. International students at Central Penn have the chance to learn in our professional, career-focused environment from professors who have real-world experience in the fields they teach.

Since 1881, Central Penn College has been helping students turn potential into career success. Central Penn’s suburban Summerdale campus is located just minutes away from the city of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital, and is in close proximity to bustling cities like New York, Philadelphia, Washington D.C. and Baltimore. Accredited by the Middle State Commission of Higher Education, the College offers challenging certificate, associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees in a variety of exciting career fields.

Accelerated, 11-week terms offered year round help you get to where you want to be faster. While on campus, you can participate in a number of clubs, trips and activities to enhance your student experience, including the International Society Club and annual traditions such as Fall Harvest and SummerFest.

There are no cramped dorm rooms at Central Penn. You live in an apartment or a super suite, and experience the benefits and responsibilities of adult life – all while having fun and making friends! First-year students reside in the super suites. Upperclassmen enjoy two-bedroom apartments. Places they can make their own, and call their home. Who says you have to give up the comforts of home when studying abroad?

To learn more about studying abroad at Central Penn College, please fill out the form to your right and one of our helpful admissions counselors will be in touch to guide you along the path to opening new horizons here at Central Penn!

This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. 8CFR 214.3 (j)APPLY NOW


You can apply online. There is no fee to apply. You must apply using the Central Penn College application. We do not accept the Common Application.APPLY NOW


The following supporting documents are required to complete the first year student application.


Please submit a copy of your passport photo page. Items can be emailed directly to RomeoAzondekon@centralpenn.edu.


Please submit complete academic records from secondary school and/or post-secondary school. Transcripts that are from outside of the United States will need to be evaluated by Spantran, Educational Credential Evaluators, World Educational Services, or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute if the applicant is looking to transfer credits or is applying to a master’s program. Records can be sent directly to RomeoAzondekon@centralpenn.edu.


Please submit the official test score from one of the following:

  • TOEFL: minimum 72 (internet-based test)
  • IELTS: minimum 6
  • SAT: minimum 500 on the critical reading section

Central Penn will not require the TOEFL, IELTS, or SAT test scores for the following groups:

  • Nonnative speakers who hold degrees or diplomas from postsecondary institutions in English-speaking countries (e.g., the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand).
  • Nonnative speakers who have successfully completed at least a two-year course of study in which English was the language of instruction.
  • Transfer students from institutions in the United States or Canada whose academic course work was favorably evaluated in relation to its demands and duration.
  • Nonnative speakers who have taken the TOEFL test within the past two years.
  • Nonnative speakers who have successfully pursued academic work at schools where English was the language of instruction in an English-speaking country for a specified period, generally two years.


Financial documentation verifying your ability to pay your tuition and living expenses for one year are required for an F-1 (student) visa. Please submit a copy of your sponsor’s most recent financial statement showing sufficient funds balance of $36,756. Please also submit a letter of support from your financial sponsor—the owner of the account for the submitted financial statement.

Please Note: All U.S. colleges are required to obtain actual documentation that funds currently exist at least for the students first year of study and that, barring any unforeseen circumstances, adequate funding will be available from the same or equally dependable sources for subsequent years of study in the U.S. International students must be financially independent and capable of bearing all the costs associated with attending Central Penn College. Central Penn does not provide financial aid to assist international students. Limited scholarship opportunities are available.


To complete your application, you must also submit:

  • Two letters of recommendation (in English).
  • A 500-word essay describing your involvement in your school or community.
  • Admissions interview (can be completed by skype or email).
  • Attestation of high school (a form will be emailed to you after you submit your application).
  • Soon after you submit your application, you will be contacted by an admissions counselor who will help you complete the application process by providing you with a checklist and any forms you may need.


Please click here for more information regarding tuition and fees.

Please click here for scholarship opportunities.

Please note a full-time academic year consists of twelve credits per term and three terms per year with optional summer terms.

After you have completed all application requirements and have received a formal letter of acceptance from Central Penn College, we will take the steps to approve and issue your I-20. You will need an I-20 to schedule your Visa interview.

Upon approval of your Visa, it is required that you correspond with your international admissions counselor to plan your arrival to Central Penn College.

Student Resources


Here at Central Penn College, we want to provide our international students with an environment that will help them not just learn, but thrive. Our international students will work with our Chief Diversity Officer, Romeo Azondekon to ensure an easy transition to live at Central Penn. Romeo works hard to foster a campus community that embraces and accentuates cultural diversity.

As a further celebration of our campus diversity, Central Penn has established an International Society Club (ISC) on campus. The ISC’s mission is to embrace, serve and value the international diversity that exists within the student body of Central Penn College, while also educating and serving the campus and local community in multiple capacities.

The ISC has provided on- and off-campus learning opportunities, multicultural events, partnerships and community service opportunities for its members.

For more information on our international student resources, please contact Romeo Azondekon, our international recruitment director, at RomeoAzondekon@centralpenn.edu or (800) 759-2727.


Central Penn College appreciates the dedication and drive of students who pursue advanced credits in high school or secondary school.

IB Policy: Central Penn grants up to six transfer credits per course for scores of four or better in relevant higher level courses. Three transfer credits per course are granted for scores of five or better in relevant standard level courses. A maximum of 36 transfer credits (equivalent to one year of classes) will be granted.

AP Policy: Central Penn grants three transfer credits per exam for relevant Advanced Placement (AP) examinations with a score of three or higher. Up to six credits per exam will be granted for scores of 5 in relevant subjects.

A-Level Policy: Central Penn grants three transfer credits for relevant A-Level courses with a grade of C or higher. Up to six transfer credits per course are granted for scores of B or higher in specific relevant courses.

Ready to begin your story?

A few minutes can start a lifetime of success! Fill out our free online application now.

Request Info