Associate in Science Degree
Creative and effective methods of marketing are invaluable for companies in today’s competitive environment. Marketing decisions are some of the most important decisions made in the business world. The Marketing program is designed to teach students how to effectively manage the process of product development, pricing, promotion, and distribution. Students also learn aspects of consumer and business marketing while at Central Penn. All students develop an effective integrated marketing communications project.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Plan, prepare, and deliver written and oral individual reports and group presentations.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills.
- Plan, implement, and manage a project within budget.
- Identify and evaluate potential marketing careers.
- Develop and implement an effective marketing communications campaign.
- Research, design, and test a marketing strategy for both consumer and business products.
- Implement an effective pricing strategy.
- Understand demographics for creating a market plan.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional manner with the highest ethical standards and good time management.
- Exhibit social responsibility through community service.
- Demonstrate ability to use necessary basic math skills.
- Exhibit computer skills necessary for normal business decisions applicable for the major.
- Analyze information through research.
Students will complete 36 credits of general education and elective requirements, which must include MTH200 Statistics to total 76 credits.
Marketing Core Courses – 40 credits
- ACC100 Accounting I
- BUS100 Introduction to Business
- BUS105 Fundamentals of Selling
- BUS215 Microeconomics
- BUS220 Principles of Management
- BUS230 Principles of Marketing
- BUS235 Consumer Behavior
- BUS245 Human Resources
- BUS250 Advertising
- BUS304 Strategic Planning and Marketing Communications BUS330 Nonprofit Organizations
- BUS360 Marketing Research
- INT299 Associate Degree Internship
- STS300 Job Pursuit Seminar