You are here:
< Back

Transfer Student Application Procedures

Students will need to follow the procedure below if they are interested in transferring
credits to Central Penn College from their high school or an accredited post-secondary
• Students must send a completed application for admission, noting the extent of
their academic training beyond high school.
• Students must request official high school transcripts to be sent directly to the
admissions office.
• Student must request official college transcripts to be sent directly to the
admissions department from previously attended institutions they are wishing to
receive a transfer evaluation from.
• A transcript evaluation may be conducted with unofficial transcripts, once the
student’s application is received, but will not be applied to the student’s permanent
record until the corresponding official transcript is received.
• The student is responsible for requesting official college transcripts to be sent
directly to Central Penn from any previously attended institutions.
• To receive transfer credit, Central Penn must receive official transcripts by the end
of the student’s second term. If official transcripts are not received by the end of
the student’s second term, students forfeit their ability to use transfer credits for
work completed prior to enrolling at Central Penn.
• Students must be actively enrolled in an academic program to receive
transfer credit.
• Courses which are parallel to courses to those offered at Central Penn will be
awarded as transfer credits if a grade of “C” or better was earned in equivalent
college level courses.
• CLEP, DANTES, International Baccalaureate, A-Level, and Advanced Placement may
also transfer.
• Students will receive a listing of the transfer credits awarded and the courses
remaining for degree completion.
• The College reserves the right to administer an appropriate examination for
transfer credits.
• Students having any questions about this process should contact the Office of
Records and Registration.
• Students enrolled at Central Penn who wish to complete a college level course(s) at
another institution, with the intent of transferring the course(s) into their program of
study at Central Penn, are encouraged to make an appointment with the Transcript
Evaluator in the Office of Records and Registration to determine if the course(s) can
be transferred to their program of study at Central Penn.

Ready to begin your story?

A few minutes can start a lifetime of success! Fill out our free online application now.

Request Info