Welcome to Central Penn!
The admissions team at Central Penn will assist you from initial contact to moving on campus. We'll assist you with admission requirements, degree options, financial aid opportunities, housing and more. We are always here for you. Below is some information to help you get a head start.
Central Penn welcomes students of all ages who demonstrate motivation and exhibit scholastic competence. We are committed to working closely with you and your family to make the admissions process as easy as possible.
A completed application includes:
- Completed application for admission. You may apply via paper application or online. There is no application fee.
- All applicants to Central Penn College are required to provide an official high school diploma, transcripts, a GED or a home schooling certificate, or in some cases, an attestation of one of the previously mentioned items.
- Please mail your transcripts to:
Central Penn College
600 Valley Road
P.O. Box 309
Summerdale, PA 17093-0309
- Please mail your transcripts to:
- Personal interview with your Admissions Counselor. This can be scheduled at your convenience by clicking here or calling (800) 759-2727. Telephone interviews are available for Continuing Education or fully-online students who may be unable to make it to campus.
Admission is based on high school grade performance. Additional information may be requested and there may be specific requirements depending on the major.
In addition to our standard admissions requirements, the following undergraduate programs have their own admissions requirements, which are located on that program's webpage:
- Computer Information Systems
- Criminal Justice & Criminal Justice Administration
- Homeland Security Management
- Information Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant
If you are interested in transferring credits to Central Penn from another accredited post-secondary institution:
- Send your completed application for admission, noting the extent of your academic training beyond high school.
- Have your official high school and all college/university transcripts mailed directly to our Admissions Office.
- After we have received the above, a transcript evaluation will be conducted. Courses which are parallel to courses offered at Central Penn will be counted as transfer credits if a grade of "C" or better was earned in the course.
You will receive a listing of the credits accepted. For a Bachelor's Degree Program, a minimum of 30 credit hours (21 of them in the major field of study) must be completed at Central Penn College (15 credits for an Associate program).
- Central Penn follows a rolling admissions policy.
- To schedule a campus visit for you and your family or friends, please click here or call us at (800) 759-2727.
To be eligible for admission to the Master of Professional Studies program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Submission of a graduate studies application.
- Three or more years of professional work experience (waivers may be granted as determined by the Graduate Admissions Committee, GRE/MAT scores may also be considered).
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 from an accredited higher education institution.
- Submission of two letters of recommendation, one from a current or former supervisor.
- Submission of a 2-3 page goal statement articulating your career aspirations and professional goals as they relate to organizational leadership.
- Submission a professional resume.
A maximum of six graduate credits with letter grades of B or higher could transfer to Central Penn provided the credits are equivalent to Central Penn coursework.
Hello, my name is Stacey Obi and I am the Vice President of Enrollment Management & Marketing. I am a member of the president’s cabinet and have oversight of the college’s enrollment and marketing efforts, in addition to our Lancaster Center. I have been with Central Penn College just under five years and am thrilled to be a part of such an amazing group of individuals. I may be a bit biased, but I believe as a result of our commitment to student success and each other we clearly have two of the best departments here at the college!
My name is Amber Kreger and I’m the Lancaster Center Director here at Central Penn College. I’m a 2009 Alumna of Central Penn College and began my career in the Career Services Department back in June of 2011. My role is to provide oversight to the Lancaster Center by ensuring we reach our enrollment goals, retain our current students, and provide support to the faculty and staff of the Center. I enjoy volunteering in the Lancaster community and currently serve as an Advisory Board member for the Lancaster Chamber’s Women in Business Mentoring Program and a Board Member for Lancaster Dollars for Higher Learning.
My name is Amanda Paull and I’m an Associate Director of Admissions here at the college. I’ve worked at Central Penn since January 2012. I currently work with enrolling our Occupational Therapy Assistant and Physical Therapist Assistant students, while overseeing our administrative and events staff. I sit on the committee for Fall Harvest and Holiday Tea. I am also involved with the West Shore Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Junior Leadership Program.
My name is Melissa Mahoney and I am one of the Associate Directors of Admissions. I have been with Central Penn College since January 2011, and have been working in admissions for a little over 10 years. Currently, I am responsible for the enrolling our adult student population. I am additionally working with our Healthcare Management and Graduate degree students. I assist with training initiatives and counselor mentoring. I currently serve on the graduate studies committee.
My name is Danielle James, and I am the Director of International Recruitment. I have been with Central Penn College since December 2013. I focus on overseas recruitment, the international admission and visa processes, and international transfer student enrollment. I work closely with the college’s cultural diversity center and am an active member of Diversity Committee.
My name is Sue McFeaters and I have been working as a Continuing Education Admissions Counselor for Central Penn College since April 2, 2012. I am part of the Social Committee here at Central Penn where I have organized a Soup Cook-Off for staff and faculty this past year, and have led a hike and a kayak trip in a previous year. I also volunteer as a Big Sister through the Big Brothers and Big Sisters Program.
Hi! My name is Colleen Gaines and I am an Admissions Counselor at Central Penn. I started working at Central Penn in March of 2016. I currently work with our Continuing Education students.
Hello, my name is Arne Hellstrom. I work with continuing education students at the Summerdale campus. I started at Central Penn in June 2015. I have been working in admissions for 6 years. I love being able to help students find their passion and direct them into a better future. The quote hanging in my office is “When you do what you Love, Everything else falls in Place” I am a firm believer in that.
My name is Curtis Voelker, I am an Admissions Counselor/ High School Presenter with the Traditional Admissions team. I also serve as a Trustee on the Central Penn College Education Foundation Board, Presidents Circle member and as Advisor for Iron Knights Fitness Club. I graduated from Central Penn College with a Bachelor's degree and am currently pursuing my Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Organizational Leadership degree.
My name is Brandy Hamilton and I am an Admissions Counselor working with traditional –age, high school students. I have been here since December of 2014. I am also the co-advisor for the Student Ambassadors.
Hi, my name is Tiffanie Falkenstein. I was hired in September 2015 as a Senior Admissions Counselor. I am an Admissions Counselor as well as a High School Presenter with the Traditional team.
Hi! My name is Nakia Page and I am a Traditional Admissions Counselor at Central Penn College and work with high school students looking to attend here. I started at Central Penn in June of 2015.
My name is Sarah Listigovers and I’m an Admissions Counselor at the Summerdale campus. I started working at Central Penn in March 2016. I work on the Traditional Team assisting high school students looking to attend Central Penn College! I’m on the planning committee for the Education Foundayion's Spring Gala, an event being held to help raise awareness of the college, and hopefully prospective future donors/volunteers.
My name is Kelly Fox and I am 1 of 4 financial planning coordinators at Central Penn. I have been here since September 2003 and work with our traditional admissions team to help students through the financial aid process.
My name is Lisa Kennedy and I'm the Financial Planning Coordinator for our Continuing Education students. I have been with Central Penn College for over two years.
My name is John Steindel, I'm a Financial Planning Coordinator for our Continuing Education students and also assist our Veteran and military students with their educational benefits. I have been at Central Penn since September 2013.
Looking to contact your personal admissions counselor? Use the information below to get in touch with your counselor. If you live outside of the 717 area code, please call our toll free number at (800) 759-2727.
|Brandy Hamilton||(717) 728-2531|
|Danielle James||(717) 728-2530|
|Lindsay Knapp||(717) 728-2214|
|Melissa Mahoney||(717) 728-2502|
|Susan McFeaters||(717) 728-2509|
|Curtis Voelker||(717) 728-2336|
|Amanda (Welker) Paull||(717) 728-2341|
|Tiffanie Falkenstein||(717) 728-2312|
|Sarah Listigovers||(717) 728-2536|
|Nakia Page||(717) 728-2413|
|Arne Hellstorm||(717) 728-2353|
|Colleen Gaines||(717) 728-2424|