Lifelong Learning credits for work and life experience
At Central Penn College, we know that learning does not always happen in the classroom, and we want to recognize our students’ dedication to lifelong growth, development, and improvement. This is why we created the Lifelong Learning Credit Program and established a rigorous portfolio application process for applicants to complete. Portfolios are reviewed and evaluated by experts in the classroom and in the discipline.
Lifelong Learning Credits
In order to be eligible for the program, students must:
- be enrolled / enrolling in a program at the associate or bachelor’s degree levels.
- have five or more years of consecutive, relevant work/life experience.
- submit a portfolio within the first two terms of enrollment of the college.
If eligible, students may apply for several credits depending on their degree-level:
- Associate degree-seeking students can earn a maximum of 9 credits.
- Bachelor’s degree-seeking students can earn a maximum of 18 credits.
- Master’s degree-seeking students can earn a maximum of 9 credits.
Those courses approved for Lifelong Learning are charged at one-third the tuition rate.
For more information about the Lifelong Learning Credit Program, please visit our application guide. The guide provides an overview of the program, explains the submission process, and outlines the portfolio requirements.