Faculty Bio: Anne Bizup, MSN, RN

Anne Bizup, MSN, RN

Program Chair, Allied Health

Courses

• Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2
  • Human Biology
  • Basic Nutrition
  • Holistic Health
  • Health Services Organization and Management
  • Environmental Geology

Teaching Philosophy

I believe that education needs to be engaging, fun and hands-on to be effective. I use a mix of traditional and non-traditional teaching methods in order to reach the most students and touch on all different learning styles. Although I may teach many of the same courses, each time is different… because the students––and the way they learn––are different. I look for the best ways to provide students an opportunity not only to hear the information, but to truly understand the concepts. Learning goes beyond the memorization of facts; my goal is for students to think critically and apply concepts. The learning process is the responsibility of both the teacher and the student, and it is in that relationship where true learning occurs. As an educator, I play many roles––professor, cheerleader, therapist and even at times, surrogate parent––in order to nurture students and motivate learning. Teaching occurs both inside and outside of a formal, academic setting. I utilize different educational techniques to impart information and evaluate the students’ depth of understanding of the material. I also have worked with new nurses entering the field, helping them apply their classroom knowledge to real-world settings. These are the experiences that have defined my teaching philosophy.

Bio

Anne Bizup began her academic career in July 2012 when she became an adjunct instructor at Central Penn College. In December 2013, she took a full-time faculty position at the college. She has been teaching a variety of courses for the Allied Health and General Education departments since that time. She currently serves as the chair of Allied Health and oversees the Health Sciences and Healthcare Management programs. Bizup was born and raised in rural Pennsylvania, spent 20 years in Philadelphia and then returned home to central Pa. in 2001. “I love having my little bit of space in the middle of nowhere, partly because I am a nature lover,” says Bizup. “I love to garden and spend time with my two puppies who are my ‘four-legged’ children.” A nurse since the 1980s, she decided to pursue nursing education as “my next big adventure.” She worked in a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals, home hospice, occupational health and long-term care. She continues to volunteer for hospice near where she lives. She recently entered the Ph.D. in Nursing Education at Nova Southeastern University and is currently working on her dissertation. She expects to complete it and graduate in 2021.

Education

• Master of Nursing Education, South University, Savannah, Ga.
  • Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Villanova University, Villanova, Pa.

Certifications

• Certified in Online Teaching
  • CPR Certified

Ready to begin your story?

A few minutes can start a lifetime of success! Fill out our free online application now.

Request Info