Medical Assisting Diploma Program
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference, consider Central Penn’s new Medical Assisting Diploma Program.
Medical assistants are one of the unsung heroes of the healthcare profession. They are talented, versatile healthcare professionals who perform both clinical and administrative duties. They are often one of the first healthcare workers patients see and interact with when they visit a physician’s office.
Jobs in Medical Assisting are expected to grow 19% through 2029, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Factors fueling this job growth include:
- The predicted surge in the number of physicians’ offices and outpatient care facilities
- Technological advancements
- A growing number of elderly Americans who need medical treatment
Medical Assisting Diploma courses are exclusively offered in-person during the day at Central Penn College’s Lancaster Center.
What does a Medical Assistant do?
- Rooming patients
- Checking and recording vital signs
- Taking a complete medical history of the patient
- Administering medications
- Assisting the provider with minor office procedures
- Drawing blood
- Scheduling referral appointments for patients
A New Certificate Program
- 12 Months – 9 months of coursework, 3-month internship
- 30 Credits – 24 course credits, 6 for internship
- Daytime, in-person classes at the Lancaster Center
- High-demand, healthcare career
The Central Penn College Medical Assisting Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
Disclaimer: Central Penn College cannot guarantee clinical placements for students who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
MA Clinical Education I
MA Clinical Education II
MA Clinical Education III
MA Administrative Skills I
MA Administrative Skills II
Structure, Function, & Disease of the Human Body I
Structure, Function, & Disease of the Human Body II
Structure, Function, & Disease of the Human Body III
Careers in this field include
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Health Unit Clerk
- Medical Claims Examiner
People who thrive in this field
- Enjoys working with others