Healthcare Informatics Certificate
Take a data-driven path to greater success with Central Penn College’s Healthcare Informatics certificate program.
Are you a healthcare professional ready for your next challenge? Healthcare Informatics is revolutionizing the world of healthcare, and you could play a role in using data analysis to achieve better outcomes for patients. Informatics also enables healthcare providers to make strategic organizational changes that improve the delivery of services and treatment.
What You Will Learn
The Healthcare Informatics Certificate Program will teach you how to…
- Analyze healthcare data using various analytical software tools
- Evaluate information systems and how they improve efficiencies in a healthcare environment.
- Review emerging healthcare technology trends and propose its adoption in improving health outcomes
- Gain a deep understanding of the U.S. healthcare system and major health policies relevant to health informatics
- Demonstrate knowledge of clinical decision support systems in health-related environments
This program is designed for professionals who have a bachelor’s degree in a STEM, nursing, healthcare management or a bachelor’s degree in another area approved by the program director.
A New 9-Month Certificate Program
- 18 Credits
- 9 Months – just three terms
- Post-baccalaureate program
Introduction to Health Data Analytics
Issues and Trends in Healthcare
Health Information Systems
Healthcare Information Privacy and Security
Careers in this field include
- Health Informatics Specialist
- Healthcare Research Assistant
- Nursing Informatics Specialist
- Clinical Informatics Nurse
- Medical Informatics Champion
- Quality Improvement Health Informatics Manager
- Healthcare Data Analyst
People who thrive in this field
- Are able to connect the dots
- See the big picture
- Think outside the box