Central Penn’s Raise the Roof Campaign to Make First Round of Deliveries
This week, Central Penn College will begin dispersing more than 3,000 items collected as part of the ongoing Raise the Roof campaign to combat homelessness in the capital region. The campaign began in June and will continue through December, with the combined goals of raising $10,000 and collecting 3,000 donated items.
“I’m ecstatic about the response so far,” said Director of College Relations Curtis Voelker. “Our overall goal for donated items is 3,000, and we’ve already reached that. And we still have more than three months to go!”
Regarding the campaign’s monetary objective, the college has received more than $3,000 in donations so far. “It’s an incredibly challenging goal,” said Voelker, “That said, I am confident that the central Pennsylvania community will help us reach this objective over the next few months.” To contribute to the campaign, individuals can make an online donation at: https://givebutter.com/raisetheroof.
The college is partnering with seven nonprofit organizations––that address homelessness and housing insecurity––in seven different counties in the central Pennsylvania region.
Voelker will begin making the rounds on Tuesday, with the first drop-off scheduled for 10 a.m. at South Central Community Action Programs in Gettysburg. The full schedule is below. Note: Drop-off times may change.
Tuesday, Aug. 31
- 10 a.m.: South Central Community Action Programs, 153 N. Stratton St., Gettysburg 17325
- 1 p.m.: Bell Socialization Services, 160 S. George St, York, 17401
Wednesday, Sept. 1
- 1 p.m.: Safe Harbour, 102 W. High St., Carlisle, 17013
Thursday, Sept. 2
- 10 a.m.: TLC/Veteran’s Victory House, 105 East King Street, Lancaster, 17602
- 1 p.m.: Lebanon Rescue Mission, 1223 Bittner Blvd., Lebanon, 17046
Friday, Sept. 3
- 10 a.m.: Bethesda Mission, 611 Reilly St., Harrisburg, 17102
- 12 p.m.: Perry County Literacy Council, 133 S. 5th S.t, Newport, 17074