Optometric Technician Certificate
Please note: This program is not currently accepting new enrollments.
Vision care is a multi-billion-dollar industry, and you could be part of it by earning an Optometric Technician Certificate.
This accelerated, 9-month Optometric Technician Certificate program prepares students to join the burgeoning healthcare industry. Would you like to work in a professional setting… assist patients in receiving proper care… and work directly with an eye-care specialist, such as an optician or optometrist? If so, this career-changing program is for you.
What You Will Learn
The Optometric Technician Certificate program will teach you how to…
- Gather an eye health history from patients
- Prepare patients for examination by the doctor
- Perform various visual assessments
- Educate patients regarding contact lens care
- Evaluate fit and the style of eyeglasses
- Assist in eye examinations
A New, 9-Month Certificate Program
- 9 months
- 18 credits
- Evening courses at the Summerdale campus
- Daytime internship during last term
- Professional career
Vision Benefits of America Opportunity Scholarship
Ask about our $1,000 scholarship opportunity that is being provided by Vision Benefits of America to students in Central Penn College’s Optometric Technician Certificate program.
Basic Optometric Science
Basic Optometric Clinical Skills I
Basic Optometric Clinical Skills II
Optometric Technology and Procedures
Ethical Practice in Optometry
Ophthalmic Clinical Practicum
Request More Information
Careers you can pursue
- Optometric Technician
- Optometric Assistant
- Ophthalmic Technician
- Ophthalmic Assistant
You will succeed if you are...
- Strong communicator
90.5% of our graduates were employed in their chosen field or continuing their education within one year of graduation.
* Based on graduates whom we have information during a one-year period from 2021-22. It should be noted that 97.1% of graduates were employed in some capcity or continuing their education.