RN to BSN
Build on your existing RN degree with Central Penn College’s accelerated RN to BSN online program. By earning your bachelor’s in nursing, you’ll advance your knowledge and skills, while positioning yourself for greater career success.
The United States is suffering from a nursing shortage that has reached critical levels. This shortage is occurring despite the fact that the dedication and courage of our health care workers in the front lines have been on full display throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
While the global pandemic heightened our appreciation for our health care heroes, it has also been an enormous strain on nurses, doctors, ancillary staff, and the healthcare system, due in large part to limited staff and resources. The nursing shortage facing America began long before the pandemic, but the pandemic propelled it back into the headlines and launched it into emergency status.
As of February 2021, registered nursing was the fifth most in-demand job in the American workforce, according to LinkedIn. Healthcare facilities are searching for skilled RNs as they struggling to keep pace with the skyrocketing demand for care.
Exacerbating this shortage is Pennsylvania’s status as a retirement mecca. Pennsylvania has one of the largest populations of senior citizens in the U.S. With better and more accessible healthcare, the growing population of seniors and longer lifespans require more frequent and intensive health care services.
Nurses with bachelor’s degrees in nursing (BSN) degree typically have stronger job prospects than nurses without the degree.
Flexible options for schooling, such as online programs, are critical to recruiting and retaining engaged students.
By earning your bachelor’s in nursing, you’ll advance your knowledge and skills, while positioning yourself for greater career success.
BSNs are in higher demand than RNs and earn a higher salary. Invest in your future and you’ll find that education is some of the best medicine you can take to shape your future.
RN to BSN Online Program
- 49 Credits
Central Penn College’s RN to BSN Online Program is designed for Registered Nurses looking to expand their education past an associate degree. It is only for licensed professionals.
Candidates must have graduated from an accredited educational program in their healthcare profession. They also must be credentialed or licensed and in good standing with the appropriate credentialing agency for their healthcare profession.
What You Will Learn
The RN to BSN Online Program will teach students how to…
- Analyze principles, models and research studies from nursing and related disciplines to support evidence-based practice (EBP) decisions
- Incorporate the use of appropriate patient care technology to facilitate management and provision of interdisciplinary care.
- Evaluate current issues and trends in healthcare policies and participate in actions that advance the nursing profession and individual professional development.
- Collaborate effectively with nursing colleagues, other disciplines, patients and families to create safe and culturally competent health care outcomes.
- Apply the nursing process to address health promotion and complex care issues of diverse populations across the life span in a variety of health care environments.
- Share and assume responsibility for leadership in monitoring and ensuring high-quality care as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical and legal accountability in the provision and delegation of nursing care.
The Interprofessional Healthcare Team
Philosophy of Professional Nursing
Introduction to Nursing research
Healthcare Quality Management
Community Health Promotion and Education
Leadership, Management and Role Transition
Evidenced-Based practice in Complex Care
Capstone for Nursing
300+ level Nursing Elective
300+ level Nursing Elective
Request More Information
Careers you can pursue
- Registered Nurse with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Nursing Educator
- Nursing Supervisor
- Nurse Case Manager
- Physician’s Office Nurse
- Clinical Research Nurse
You will succeed if you are...
- Ability to multi-task
- People person
- Problem solver
- Emotionally intelligent
86% of our graduates were employed in their chosen field or continuing their education within one year of graduation.
* Based on graduates whom we have information during a one-year period from 2020-2021.