Leading the Efforts to Honor, Connect, and Support Our Alumni
The Central Penn College Alumni Council serves as an advisory body to the President of the College on ways to honor, connect, and support alumni. They also serve as ambassadors of the college in building programs that support lifelong connections to alumni.
Central Penn’s Alumni Council is a group of alumni volunteers. The council is filled with strong community and regional leaders, representative of different class years, careers and experiences.
Alumni Council Mission: Govern and oversee association planning; coordinate resources; and promote the common success of alumni and Central Penn College.
Meeting a minimum of four timers per calendar year, Alumni Council serves as the governing body of the Alumni Association.
Alumni Council consists of up to 24 elected members, including the executive committee—president, vice president, secretary and treasurer. Elected to a three-year term, council members will work together and collaborate with the Advancement Office to increase the visibility and vitality of Central Penn College and the alumni association. The director of alumni engagement serves as Alumni Council director as an ex officio, non-voting member of the Council.
Nominations are now open July 1 through August 31 at 11:59 pm to elect up to 20 alumni to the Alumni Council. The election will take place October 1 through November 1, 2021.Nominate an Alumni for Council
Alumni Council Executive Committee
Randy Weir ’76 – President
Senior Accountant, Walter Hopkins & Company, LLC
Daneen Collier ’10 – Treasurer
B.S. Business Administration
Staff Accountant, City of York
Landon Roe ’18 – Vice President
Director of Accounting, Storage Asset Management
Lucinda “Lucy” Hunsberger, ’02, ’10, – Secretary
A.A.S. Medical Assisting
B.S. Business Administration
Professor, School of Nursing and Health Sciences, Central Penn College.
Alumni Council Members
Michael Gallagher, PhD, ’76
Chair/Accounting, DeSales University
Ashley Lloyd, ’16
Social Media Analyst, PSECU
Curtis Voelker, ’12, & ’17
Director of Advancement and Program Relations, Central Penn College
Ex Officio Alumni Council Members
President of Central Penn College
Central Penn College Director of Alumni Engagement and Vice President of Advancement
Dwight Utz, ’73
Central Penn College Board of Directors
Central Penn College Vice President of Student Services
Central Penn College Dean of Career Services
Alumni Council Member Expectations
- Serve a term of three consecutive years.
- Attend the scheduled meetings of the council (four per year) in person or via web/teleconference.
- Serve on at least one standing subcommittee of the Council (professional development, social/reunions, young alumni, awards/recognition). Meetings as needed.
- Provide counsel on the college’s alumni programs, including but not limited to, recommending members for leadership positions, strategic planning and award recipient selection.
- Planning special local and regional events.
- Engage alumni, students and the community in supporting Central Penn College.
- Help shape and influence the policies of the alumni association.
- Participate in alumni events and programs. Attend at least two major events each year (e.g., Homecoming, alumni awards, etc.).
- Serve on your class reunion committee and attend reunion events if you are celebrating a reunion during the year.
Sign up for our Newsletter
We look forward to hearing from you!
Vice President of Advancement & Strategic Initiatives