Central Penn College Alumni Council
The Central Penn College Alumni Council serves as ambassadors of the college in building programs that support lifelong connections to alumni.
Central Penn’s Alumni Council is a group of alumni volunteers who lead the alumni association in its service to Central Penn College and its alumni. The council is filled with strong community and regional leaders, representative of different class years, careers and experiences.
Alumni Council Mission: Govern and oversee association planning; coordinate resources; and promote the common success of alumni and Central Penn College.
Meeting four timers per calendar year, Alumni Council serves as the governing body of the alumni association.
Alumni Council consists of up to 24 elected members, including the executive committee—president, vice president, secretary and treasurer. Elected to a three-year term, council members will work together and collaborate with the alumni office to increase the visibility and vitality of Central Penn College and the alumni association. The director of alumni engagement serves as Alumni Council director as an ex officio non-voting member.
Alumni Council Executive Committee
Randy Weir ’76 – President
A.S. accounting, Senior Accountant, Walter Hopkins & Company, LLC
Daneen Collier ’10 – Treasurer
B.S. business administration
Staff Accountant, City of York
Landon Roe ’18 – Vice President
B.S. accounting, Director of Accounting, Storage Asset Management
Lucinda “Lucy” Hunsberger, ’02, ’10, – Secretary
Medical Assisting Professor, School of Nursing and Health Sciences, Central Penn College.
Alumni Council Members
Alison Bruetsch, ’09
Metzger Wickersham as the Social Security File Admin
Antoine Fennell, ’08
American Red Cross as a DAT responder volunteer
Andrea Fields, ‘17 & ‘21
Executive Director of the PA Legislative Black Caucus of PA House of Representatives
Helen Fischman, ‘18
Legal Assistant for the Office Chief Counsel Commonwealth of PA
Christine Fusselman, ‘88 & ’16
Administrative assistant at Winona Lakes POA
Alma “Yvette” Gonzalez, ‘07, ‘12, & ‘13
Ritter Insurance Marketing in the HR department
Cassandra “Sandy” Hillegass EdD, ’04
Central Penn College – Assistant Professor
Ashley Lloyd, ‘16
PSECU as their social media strategist
Mikeal Pecot, ‘21
Central Penn College – junior systems administrator
Chad Rooney, ‘01 & ‘03
Town Manager for Smithsburg, Md.
Ashley Wert, ‘15 & ‘18
Med Teck and Caregiver at Polk Personal Care
Curtis Voelker, ’12 & ’17
Central Penn College – Director of Advancement and Program Relations
Ex Officio Alumni Council Members
President of Central Penn College
Central Penn College Director of Alumni Engagement and Vice President of Advancement
Dwight Utz, ’73
Central Penn College Board of Directors
Central Penn College Vice President of Student Services
Central Penn College Dean of Career Services
Alumni Council Member Expectations
- Serve a term of three consecutive years.
- Attend the scheduled meetings of the council (four per year) in person or via web/teleconference.
- Serve on at least one standing subcommittee of the Council (professional development, social/reunions, young alumni, awards/recognition). Meetings as needed.
- Provide counsel on the college’s alumni programs, including but not limited to, recommending members for leadership positions, strategic planning and award recipient selection.
- Planning special local and regional events.
- Engage alumni, students and the community in supporting Central Penn College.
- Help shape and influence the policies of the alumni association.
- Participate in alumni events and programs. Attend at least two major events each year (e.g., Homecoming, alumni awards, etc.).
- Serve on your class reunion committee and attend reunion events if you are celebrating a reunion during the year.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin! All members of the alumni association are invited to attend certain Alumni Council meetings.