Commencement, celebrate your accomplishments
As a result of the rapidly evolving situation regarding COVID-19, Central Penn College has made the decision to reschedule the annual Commencement Ceremony from Friday, May 1, 2020, 7 p.m. to Saturday, Sept. 12, 2020, at 1:00 pm. As such, I am going to keep the Commencement Application open until July 24, 2020. Undergraduate students may participate in the ceremony as long as all degree requirements, including internship, will be completed by the end of the summer term. Master’s Degree students may participate in the ceremony as long as all degree requirements are complete.
Please feel free to reach out of to me if you have any questions. I will provide more details in the near future.
Jen Correll, M.Prof.Studies.
(717) 728-2362 | (717) 732-5254(Fax)
Commencement allows students to celebrate their educational accomplishments and reflect on their time at Central Penn. Alumni, students, friends, family members, faculty and staff gather together at The Forum in Harrisburg to celebrate accomplishments and look toward the bright future.
At the Commencement Fair, students will have the opportunity to pick up their caps and gowns and enjoy some snacks and refreshments. Additional information about the Commencement Fair will be shared as the date draws closer.
The ceremony is symbolic and ceremonial – your participation should not be confused with your actual graduation from Central Penn College. Watch a live stream of Central Penn’s commencement at CentralPenn.edu/Presents.
- To be eligible to participate in Commencement, complete all coursework by the end of the spring term 2020. Winter 2020 Masters of Professional Studies students are only eligible to walk in the ceremony if all requirements are completed. This includes a Capstone research project.
- Fill out the Graduation Application for Commencement on the student portal.
- Check your email for your special link to request and download your Commencement e-Tickets.
- Pick up your cap and gown at the Commencement Fair.
- If interested, order your class ring or graduation announcements.
- Arrive at The Forum by 6 p.m., at the latest.
- Upon checking in, receive your tassel, name card and program.
- Process into The Forum at 7 p.m.
- Walk across the stage and enter the next phase of your life.
- Students will receive their diploma in the mail 4-6 weeks after the event. If you have completed your degree requirements.
- Come back and visit campus for Fall Harvest during Homecoming Weekend!
The Forum – Harrisburg
5th and Walnut Streets
For door-to-door directions, please click here. If you plan to use one of the parking garages, please make note of the parking garage hours.
Doors will open at 6 p.m. All attendees, including children must have their own ticket.
Central Penn College utilizes an e-Ticket system to distribute Commencement tickets. Each student participating in Commencement will receive a special link that they can use to download up to six (6) tickets for their guests.
Students can instantly download and print tickets. Please, distribute tickets to your guests before the ceremony.
Each ticket contains a unique barcode that will allow one guest entry to Commencement. Duplicate tickets will not be accepted. Guests holding a duplicate ticket will not be admitted.
A photograph of each graduate receiving their diploma is captured.
Graduating students will have the best possible photograph of their accomplishment and their guests will be able to remain seated. Guests do not need to worry about “capturing the moment.”
Legacy Photographics, Inc. will contact each graduate after the ceremony with information on how to purchase photos. If you have any questions, please contact Legacy at 1-800-447-2550 or 610-279-1791 or visit their website www.legacyphoto.com.