Central Penn College will be collecting household items and cash donations this Saturday, as part of its ongoing Raise the Roof campaign.
“This year, we are supporting organizations that are combatting housing insecurity and homelessness throughout the capital region,” said Curtis Voelker, Director of College Relations. “Our goal is to raise $10,000 and collect 3,000 items by mid-December.” The college has raised more than $2,700 and received more than 2,400 donated items since June.
The college is accepting donations of money, cleaning supplies, blankets, towels, school supplies, daily care items, non-perishable food and socks/underwear to support housing programs throughout Central Pennsylvania. All donations should be NEW. Individuals also can donate online at: https://givebutter.com/raisetheroof.
The following organizations will be supported through the Raise the Roof campaign this year:
- Bethesda Mission – Dauphin County
- Safe Harbour – Cumberland County
- Bell Socialization Services – York County
- Lebanon Rescue Mission – Lebanon County
- TLC/Veterans’ Victory House – Lancaster County
- Adams County Shelter for the Homeless-SCCAP – Adams County
- Perry County Literacy Council – Perry County