Central Penn College’s COVID Guidelines – Updated May 18, 2021
Recently, the CDC and the PA Department of Health announced new and welcomed changes to masking guidance for those fully vaccinated against COVID-19. At the Cabinet meeting today, the executive leadership team reached a consensus on the following updates to COVID-19 requirements at Central Penn College. Please read the guidance closely below. It will also be integrated to www.centralpenn.edu/covid
- Masking is not required outdoors, especially if you are maintaining social distance.
- Vaxxed or Masked: Effective immediately, if you are fully vaccinated (final dose plus 14 days), you do not need to wear a mask indoors. You should still carry a mask with you as a precaution and courtesy.
- Contact tracing will continue. Please complete the health screening form via the app daily.
- All guests coming to campus must complete the health screening form. Please share the link with your guests well in advance of their arrival.
- The campus is open to outside events by third parties now, and campus will host indoor events by third parties beginning with the start of Summer Term on July 5, 2021.
- Any guest, employee, or student reporting unusual symptoms will be told to stay home and is not welcome to campus while symptoms persist.
- Anyone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 or COVID-19 exposure will continue to follow CDC quarantine guidance.
- Contact tracing will continue to trace potential exposures to a confirmed case of COVID-19 and follow appropriate isolation recommendations in place at the time of the exposure. Fully vaccinated staff, faculty, and students will not need to isolate.
- This masking guidance also applies in students and faculty in classrooms, campus facilities, and common areas.
- Guests to housing are permitted beginning July 5. Guests must complete a screening form and follow all other standing guest policies.
- Housing will be at full capacity starting Summer Term 2021.
- Voluntary COVID-19 disclosures by faculty and staff can be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org. As of May 18, 2021, 60 percent of CPC faculty and staff are fully vaccinated.
- Unless and until 70 percent of Pennsylvanians are fully vaccinated, masking will be required indoors for a person not vaccinated against COVID-19.
- All of these changes are subject to immediate change by Cabinet if guidance from the PA Department of Health or CDC changes.