Physical Therapist Assistant
Are you an active, empathetic person who likes helping people? Would you like to help guide a patient back from an injury or illness to regain strength, stability and a sense of freedom and joy?
Then a career as a PTA would be a perfect pathway for you. Our training emphasizes problem-solving, critical thinking, and independent skill performance, to transform you into a highly competent and compassionate member of a patient’s health care team.
Note: Our PTA program only accepts a limited number of students each academic year. Interested students should apply as early as possible.
What makes Central Penn’s Physical Therapist Assistant program unique?
- Small class sizes with individualized attention
- Accepts students twice per year
- Accelerated terms so that you can earn your degree faster
- Caring, dedicated faculty who will help you succeed
- Daytime or Evening classes available
- Hands-on, real-world learning, including an internship
- High placement rate – More than 90% of our grads are employed in their chosen field or continuing their education within one year of graduation, according to our latest one-year graduate survey.
PTA STUDENT FINANCIAL FACT SHEET
Physical Therapist Assistant Program Accreditation
The Physical Therapist Program at Central Penn College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, Virginia 22305-3085; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org.
If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 717-728-2315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physical Therapy Assistant Student Outcome Information
This information is provided in compliance with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) Student Outcomes regulation.
- Program Name: Central Penn College Physical Therapy Assistant Program
- Degree Offered: Associate in Applied Science
- Current CAPTE Accreditation Status: Accreditation
- Date First Accredited: March 1988
- Most Recent Capte Visit: July 2020
- Most Recent Action Taken: April 25, 2023
- Action Taken: Accreditation
- Next Visit: March 2030
Summerdale 2023: 74.1%
Summerdale 2022: 75.7%
Summerdale 2 year average: 75%
Lancaster 2023: 72.2%
Lancaster 2022: 94%
Lancaster 2 year average: 83.3%
NPTAE PASS RATE
Summerdale 2023: 80%
Summerdale 2022: 95.7%
Summerdale 2 year average: 90.9%
Lancaster 2023: 81.8%
Lancaster 2022: 93.8%
Lancaster 2 year average: 88.9%
Summerdale 2022: 100%
Summerdale 2021: 92%
Summerdale 2 year average: 95.8%
Lancaster 2022: 93%
Lancaster: 2021: 92%
Lancaster 2 year average: 92.6%
In the news
Anatomy and Physiology
Professional Behaviors for the Allied Health Professional
Fundamentals of Physical Therapy
Request More Information
Careers you can pursue
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Physical Therapist Aide
- Physical Therapist
- Athletic Trainer
You will succeed if you are...
- Have Dexterity
- A good problem-solver
90.5% of our graduates were employed in their chosen field or continuing their education within one year of graduation.
* Based on graduates whom we have information during a one-year period from 2021-22. It should be noted that 97.1% of graduates were employed in some capcity or continuing their education.