Central Penn College to host “Retooling & the Career Pivot” Round Table Talk
Central Penn College will host its first Round Table Talk titled “Retooling & the Career Pivot” with leaders from the college’s Career Services, Human Resources and Admissions departments. The free, virtual event will be held on Thursday, June 18, 11 a.m. to 12 noon, via Zoom.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted the entire economic landscape,” said Steve Hassinger, dean of Career Services and Development at the college. “During this time of high unemployment and increased workplace stress, many individuals are rethinking their careers and their career paths. This Round Table Talk will discuss strategies for reskilling, upskilling and retooling your career.”
Discussion topics include:
- How to use existing skills to pivot your career
- Tips on resume writing and job interviewing
- Strategies for positioning yourself as an essential worker
- Available educational opportunities for building new skills
In addition to Hassinger, the panelists include the following Central Penn College employees:
- Dean of Admissions
- Human Resources Director Trang Rioux
- Internship Coordinator Kristin Fike
To register for the Round Table Talk, go to: www.centralpenn.edu/events.