Residential Housing Update – April 20
As per Dr. Fedrizzi-Williams’s email announcement this morning, all classes will remain online for this term. This means that housing will not reopen until at least the Summer 2020 term. Please remember that this situation continues to be fluid and, therefore, it is important to continue checking our website www.centralpenn.edu/covid for updates.
Central Penn College is not able to allow students to return to campus to remove their belongings for move out at this time. While the College understands the frustration this causes, we are complying with the directives from the Office of the Governor of Pennsylvania. We will continue to follow the current regulations until the Governor lifts them and allows us to safely reopen campus.
Once we receive the OK from the Governor’s Office, we will begin allowing students back on campus. When that occurs, the Move Out procedure detailed below will go into effect.
MOVE OUT PROCEDURE
***PLEASE NOTE: Students planning to return for the Summer 2020 Term will be permitted at this time to keep their items on campus in their residences. If there are essential items that you need for the remainder of the Spring term, please contact me directly to make arrangements.
- Students who are NOT returning to campus for the 2020 Summer Term will need to schedule a time to move off campus.
- Students who ARE planning on returning for the Summer 2020 Term are strongly encouraged to keep their items on campus. Returning students who have a need to remove all belongings from campus should contact the Office of Residence Life directly.
- Students can schedule times through the link sent by the Office of Residence Life once the procedure goes into effect. Move Out will take place during a two-week window, during which students will be able to schedule a 2-hour block to remove all belongings. What is listed on the link is what is available, so please make sure to confirm with rides etc., prior to selecting the time.
- Once a time slot has been selected, a confirmation email will be sent with instructions of where to park, what to bring to turn in, how to contact our office with specific questions, and the general instructions for moving out.
- Residence Life will put the move-out checklist and envelope on each door for the students moving out. Please remember to bring any and all keys, student ID, and parking permits.
- Residence Life staff and Public Safety staff will be present in the area. They will not assist with the move out of items, but will be available for questions.
We appreciate your continued understanding and cooperation as we work through this unprecedented time. Later this week, we will send out additional information, including an FAQ to help answer some of your questions.
Stay Safe and Stay Healthy!