UPDATED COVID-19 PROTOCOL, JANUARY 3, 2022
Dear College Community,
Welcome back to campus. We are pleased that we are able to be open for face-to-face instruction, but in order to remain open, we must ensure a safe environment for our students, faculty and staff. Please read the updated COVID-19 protocols aligned with CDC guidance below and do your part to keep us safe by following the requirements.
First and foremost, if you are not feeling well, do not come to campus. Use common sense, and report your symptoms through the CPC App. We need to monitor all symptoms and positive reports of COVID-19 so that we can keep the college community informed.
UPDATED COVID-19 PROTOCOL, JANUARY 3, 2022:
- Masks are to be worn when inside any CPC building – vaccinated or not– when in any space where social distancing cannot be maintained. You are required to mask when walking in the hallways, to the restroom, copier, or any space away from your desk. Individuals who are unvaccinated must always wear their masks.
- Masks, for the foreseeable future, are an essential supply to bring to school or work. If you do not have one, one may be provided, but help us by bringing your own to the campus each day.
- At any time, faculty or staff may request that individuals mask in classrooms, office spaces, and meetings. This is a courtesy that should be followed and is not optional.
- Everyone who comes to campus must also complete the daily screening form on the Central Penn College App. If you get a green pass you may come to campus. You MUST also scan into every room upon entry.
- If you get a red pass – do not come to campus and wait at home (in your room for residential students) until you are contacted by a member of the contact tracing group who will provide instructions.
PROTOCOLS FOR FULLY-VACCINATED INDIVIDUALS:
*PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU WERE FULLY VACCINATED OVER 6 MONTHS AGO, A BOOSTER IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- Employees who are vaccinated should upload a copy of their most current COVID-19 vaccination card to the employee portal. Employees are required to be fully vaccinated or provide a weekly negative COVID-19 test result beginning February 9, 2022. Upload a picture of your vaccination card here. Upload your vaccine card here:
- If exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms – quarantine from campus for 48 hours. Students may stay in their rooms and mask whenever outside of rooms. Food will be provided. Follow-up by contact tracing will determine if quarantine continues or if individuals may return to campus. If symptoms persist after 48 hours individuals are required to be tested before returning to campus and present a negative test. Upload your COVID test results here.
- If exposed to COVID-19 individuals but do not have symptoms – Vaccinated people with no symptoms may return to work but are required to wear a mask until a negative test is confirmed or 10 days have passed. They should isolate if they test positive and continue to quarantine for 5 days.
- If exposed to COVID-19 individual and have symptoms - fully vaccinated people should quarantine from campus for 5 days following known exposure to someone with confirmed COVID-19 and are presenting with symptoms. They must get tested on day 5 of quarantine and provide a negative test to return to campus and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 10 days. They should isolate if they test positive and continue to quarantine for 5days.
- Positive test – Quarantine from campus for 5 days. May return after 5 days provided symptoms have resolved. You will need to continue to wear a mast for 5 days. Residential students must move to quarantine on campus or can quarantine from home.
PROTOCOLS FOR NON-VACCINATED OR NOT FULLY-VACCINATED INDIVIDUALS:
- Employees are required to be fully vaccinated or provide a weekly negative COVID-19 test result beginning February 9, 2022. Negative test results will be provided to HR. Details to follow. Should you become vaccinated against COVID-19, upload a picture of your vaccination card here.
- If exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms – quarantine from campus for 48 hours. Students may stay in the room, and must mask whenever outside of the room; food will be provided. Follow-up by contact tracing will determine if quarantine continues or may return to campus. If symptoms persist beyond 48 hours, testing is mandated. A negative test must be presented to return to campus. Upload your COVID test result here.
- If exposed to COVID-19 individuals– people should be tested 5 days following known exposure to someone with confirmed COVID-19 and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 10 days or until they receive a negative test result. They should isolate if they test positive or are symptomatic and continue to quarantine for 10 days.
- Positive Test – Positive test – Quarantine from campus for 5 days. May return after 5 days provided symptoms have resolved. You will need to continue to wear a mast for 5 days. Residential students must move to quarantine on campus or can quarantine from home.
I am very proud of the work our college community has done to keep each other safe and allow us to continue in-person instruction since June 2020. Please continue to do your part. If you have any questions, contact: COVIDInfo@centralpenn.edu.
Have a great first week back.
Linda Fedrizzi-Williams, EdD, MA
(717) 728-2219 (office) | (717) 728-2250 (fax)