Public Safety Services

Public Safety Services

To ensure campus safety, every current student, faculty, and staff member must have a College ID on their person whenever on college property. ID cards are required to enter certain buildings, rooms, and services, such as residence halls, the ATEC Gaming Room and The Night & Day Café.

ID cards may be obtained Monday – Friday from 9AM – 9PM at the Public Safety and Health Department located in Bollinger Hall, room 46.

The Central Penn College Public Safety and Health Department is committed to protecting the safety and security of the entire campus community. Therefore, a campus security safety escort is available to all students, faculty, and staff members who feel uncomfortable walking during the hours of darkness.  Escorts during daylight hours may be provided when documented safety concerns exist.

Security escorts are provided to individuals who are walking on campus during the hours of darkness, typically dusk to dawn.  Off-campus locations are not supported.

If you wish to request the safety escort, please call (717) 728-2364.  When a request for a security escort is received, you will be asked to provide your name, contact number, location and intended destination.  Public Safety personnel will verify, through Campus Nexus, your identity as a student, faculty, or staff member of the college.  The Public Safety and Health Department reserves the right to deny the safety escort when a request is made for which the safety escort is not intended or if the location falls outside a reasonable perimeter of campus as mentioned above.

Please note that if a public safety officer receives a call for assistance, the call must take precedence over the escort.  For example, a report of any crime, accident or alarm will supersede a call for a campus escort.  If a public safety officer or escort gets delayed, you will be notified via phone call and an estimated time of arrival will be provided.

The Public Safety and Health Department is the official repository for lost and found property.

Individuals may report lost property by utilizing Chargerback, an online reporting website, or to the Public Safety and Health Department by phone (717) 728-2364, or in-person at the Public Safety and Health Office in Bollinger Hall, Room 46, where a public safety officer will assist you. Individuals who find property should deliver it to the Public Safety and Health Department or plan for the property to be picked up by a public safety officer.

If no owner can be located, or if the property is not claimed by the owner at the end of an academic term, the found property will either be donated to a charitable organization or disposed of in an appropriate manner, at the Public Safety and Health Departments discretion.

Access the lost and found form.

Report suspicious activity you see on campus to the Public Safety and Health Department using this SMS texting service.

You can use the service to report suspicious activities seen on campus, such as theft, vandalism, drugs, domestic disputes, disorderly behavior, and more.

U-Tip can also be used to help prevent crimes on campus by reporting incidents before they escalate and by helping the Public Safety & Health Department spot suspicious individuals. U-Tip is anonymous unless the reporter decides to reveal their identity later.

How to use U-Tip

  • Enter 79516.
  • In the text message type “CentralPenn” then a brief message. An example of the text content might be: CentralPenn car break-in parking lot J.
  • “CentralPenn” is our campus identifier. It is essential that you provide a space between CentralPenn and your text message for the message to get routed to the Public Safety and Health Department.
  • This message is sent directly to the Public Safety and Health Department and appropriate action will be taken immediately.

Other Reporting Options:

The Public Safety and Health Department has provided the following information on Vehicle Assistance.

Jump-Starting Vehicles

Public safety officers cannot jump-start vehicles. However, we can assist you in contacting a local vehicle service provider.

Vehicle Lockouts

Public safety officers cannot perform vehicle lockouts. However, we can assist you in contacting a local vehicle service provider.

Pushing Cars

Public safety officers cannot push, pull, or tow vehicles that are stuck in snow or mud. However, we can assist you in contacting towing services.

Local Locksmith Service

Lock Pop & Keys

  • 101 N Enola Dr, Enola, PA 17025
  • (717) 875-8976

Harrisburg Locksmith

  • 216 Seneca St, Harrisburg, PA 17110
  • (717) 238-0371

The Flying Locksmiths of Central PA

  • 1300 Market St ste 303, Lemoyne, PA 17043
  • (717) 707-2399

Local Vehicle Towing Service

Magaro Auto Sales & Towing

  • 705 Tower Rd, Enola, PA 17025
  • (717) 732-6969

Towman Brake and Tows Auto Repairs

  • 3535 N 6th St, Harrisburg, PA 17110
  • (717) 343-8159

Miller & Sam’s Towing

  • 6980 Wertzville Rd, Enola, PA 17025
  • (717) 697-9972

The vehicle service vendors shown above are provided for informational purposes only; this is not an endorsement of any listed businesses. Services vary.

Web Resources

Timely Warnings are Clery Act required notifications that go out to the entire College Community to alert of a potential or ongoing threat of a Clery Reportable Offense.

Emergency Notifications go out to the entire College Community when there is a significant emergency or dangerous situation currently occurring on or immediately threatening campus.

Central Penn Alert is Central Penn’s emergency notification system. Situations/incidents that the college considers a crime and pose an ongoing threat to students and employees are quickly brought to the attention of the campus community through this system. Central Penn Alert can include, but is not limited to, a combination of voice and text messages, emails, messages on Central Penn’s main telephone number and home page,, and posts on the College’s official social media sites.

Students, faculty, and staff can register to receive notifications via text message, email, or phone call in the event of a Blackboard Day, delay, or emergency. Register for this system by visiting the student portal (

Campus Locations

  • Summerdale, Pennsylvania
  • Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Central Penn College understands that our picturesque campus provides an ideal backdrop for weddings, prom, and graduation photos. The college welcomes community members to visit our campus for photo opportunities but does require that a request be submitted to the college's Public Safety Department for approval in advance of the visit.

An online request can be accessed through the college's Hold Harmless Agreement .

Please contact for more info and to request access.

In an effort to provide our students, faculty, staff, and community with information about the campus security procedures and practices, the Public Safety and Health Department and its partners provide a variety of educational programs on topics such as, fire safety awareness, crime prevention and safety awareness, alcohol and drug awareness, and public safety services.All programs are offered to students, faculty, and staff as requested. If you or your organization would like to request a specific program, please complete the Community Education Program request form at

Ready to begin your story?

A few minutes can start a lifetime of success! Fill out our free online application now.

Request Info